The Swiss stone pine or the Arolla pine (Pinus cembra, Pinaceae), also known as the Queen of the Alps, grows in the Bavarian, Austrian and Swiss Alps at over 1,800 m sea level. It can grow up to 20-30 meters high and live for up to 1000 years. In the Middle Ages the cones of the Arolla pine were regarded as a symbol of fertility and immortality. An Alpine specialty is Zirbenschnapps, harvested from the pine cones. Due to the wonderful aroma of its essential oils the tree is largely resistant to pests. Arolla pine oil smells woody, fresh and pure. The scent ensures well-being and relaxation.
Arolla Pine Oil from Tirol
Our 100% pure essential oils and hydrolates from organic Arolla pine are derived from the Tyrolean mountains, obtained by steam distillation of the needles and branches. The Arolla pine grows very slowly under precarious conditions in the Alpine climate. This makes it a rare and very special tree. The usefulness of the Arolla has been known for centuries in the Alpine region. Traditionally, the tree has beneficial properties, especially for sleep. Its exceptionally pleasant and refreshing scent is compared to that of the forest. It causes an immediate relaxation of the breath and soothes the mind. Breathe in to find yourself in the midst of the Tyrolean Alps.
- Effects the respiratory system: Arolla pine has a positive effect on respiratory infections or Bronchitis. Inhalation or infusion is recommended.
- Restful sleep: place the pine scent directly next to your bed. It reduces your heart rate and thus demonstrably improves the quality of your sleep (sedative effect). Look forward to a sound and deep sleep which will help you wake up in the morning, refreshed and replenished.
- Neutralise odours: perfect for keeping unpleasant odours and insects at bay. In the case of cold symptoms, the Arolla pine can be used to clean the air with its antiseptic oils.
- Protection against moth infestation: place the pine scent in cupboards or cabinets to ward off moths.
- A pleasant atmosphere: recommended for the living room. The scent of the Tyrolean Alps creates a pleasant sense of wellbeing. On a psychological level Arolla pine has a stabilising and empowering effect.
The SAINT CHARLES AROLLA PINE range includes a room spray, a soft upholstery spray, an essential oil, a sauna infusion as well as a hydrolate. These are completed by an elegant diffuser made from real Arolla wood. All of these products are organically cultivated and are available in the Saint Charles Pharmacy as well as in the Saint Charles online shop.