Fire Cider is a fiery vinegar decoction that is mainly known in the USA and is appreciated for its warming and expectorant effect. With Fire Cider, the name says it all: the fiery cold drink gets the circulation going in the cold season and strengthens the immune system. With its natural ingredients, it is an effective remedy for colds. The warming and expectorant properties of Fire Cider have an antibacterial effect thanks to ginger, garlic and onion. Apple cider vinegar and honey are great digestive aids. The pungency of horseradish clears sinuses and sinuses.
Basic ingredients for the Fire Cider
- Horseradish: helps relieve sinus congestion and headaches
- Ginger: aids digestion and has a positive effect on infections
- Onion: helps to prevent colds
- Garlic: has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties
- Jalapeños or cayenne pepper: get the circulation going
- Apple cider vinegar: aids digestion
- Honey: soothes inflamed tissues and organs
The flavour of Fire Cider is an amazing balance of spicy, sour, sweet, sharp and herbal.
Use of the cold drink
To prevent cold symptoms naturally, we recommend taking 1-2 tablespoons every day. If a cold is already on the way, it is advisable to divide the dose into 2-3 smaller portions throughout the day. Especially during the cold season, it is advisable to always have a bottle of Fire Cider handy in the cupboard. If necessary, you can dilute the Fire Cider tonic with warm water, juice or apple cider or sweeten it with honey.