Natural Energy Booster - Our tips from the pharmacy
The year 2020 has demanded a lot from all of us. Even if the turn of the year will not banish the Corona pandemic, we want to enter the new year with as much confidence as possible. Let's leave fatigue and lack of energy behind and start out stronger. How? With our collected Saint Charles tips for more energy - simply, naturally, of course!
DAILY ROUTINE - our tips for the daily energy kick
Let's start with daily rituals that help to increase energy levels. Many things sound familiar, but often we forget the simple things.
- Morning shower: Of course we prefer to enjoy a warm shower, but unfortunately this does not have an energising effect at all. Cold water, on the other hand, really gets the body going and has been considered a natural therapy at least since Father Kneipp. It promotes our blood circulation, reduces stress and strengthens our mood and immune system. Take it step by step - it doesn't have to be an Ice Bucket Challenge.
- Drinking: It's so simple, yet so effective. Try to drink at least two litres of water a day and observe the difference for yourself. If we drink too little, our bodily functions slow down and we become tired and powerless. Drinking enough, on the other hand, gives us a sustained boost of energy. It is best to simply place a filled bottle and a drinking glass within sight.
- Sleep: Sleep is an important basis for more energy in everyday life. For healthy sleep, it is generally recommended to sleep 7 - 8 hours. The bedroom should not be warmer than 18 degrees, and a gentle pine scent with pure essential oils additionally promotes relaxation.
- Exercise: Long live sport! Gets the blood pumping and has been proven to boost our energy levels. Whatever the movement - the main thing is also, it's fun!
VITAMINS & NUTRIENTS - Our pharmacists' recommendations
Vitamins & nutrients are essential and contribute to a healthy metabolism. A healthy diet is the be-all and end-all, yet there is often a deficiency. In winter, especially with vitamin D. Go for regular blood tests - with a blood count, our pharmacists can put together the ideal nutrients for you. Independently of this, our pharmacists recommend the following nutrients:
The mineral magnesium plays a decisive role for the energy balance. It supplies the cells with nutrients and is indispensable for all metabolic functions. A magnesium deficiency has noticeable consequences for physical well-being and sleep quality. In any case, compensating for the deficiency has a positive effect on your energy. With a vitamin D deficiency, we are tormented by tiredness and fatigue, depressive moods and listlessness. That is why it is essential to replenish our vitamin D stores, especially in winter. In the winter months we do not get enough sunlight and therefore cannot produce vitamin D from the sun itself.
B vitamins are true all-rounders. Among other things, they are involved in energy production, the supply of our nervous system, brain activity and our mental balance. We can take in B vitamins through food. Foods with a high vitamin B supply are legumes, animal products such as meat and fish, green vegetables. A supplementary intake via food supplements can also make sense, our pharmacists will be happy to advise you.
The coenzyme Q10 is a compound that is formed in the mitochondria of our cells. The mitochondria are responsible for energy production. As an essential nutrient, the coenzyme also acts as an antioxidant, protecting cells from oxidative damage and pathogens. The coenzyme can be taken in through the diet, - but a supplementation can be useful especially with increasing age and should be clarified through a consultation. Iron helps us to transport oxygen through our body. Therefore, it is another essential mineral that we need to fight fatigue and increase our energy levels. A suspected iron deficiency should always be clarified and balanced after a consultation with your doctor.
MENTALES - The complementary all-round package
Health does not always depend on physical aches and pains, often the psyche simply does not play along due to stress and other factors. Yoga & mediation, but also essential oils, which have a direct effect on the limbic system and can thus awaken positive emotions, can help here.
- Yoga & Meditation: In holistically oriented forms of medicine such as Traditional European Medicine, the harmony of body, mind and soul is considered essential. It is the basis for our well-being and a good energy balance. Yoga or meditation help us to turn towards our inner self and achieve balance.
- Essential oils: The mode of action of essential oils is holistic. Body, mind and soul are closely connected with each other. With their physical, mental and spiritual effects, essential oils can help to bring our system back into balance. For example, selected oils such as peppermint and citrus oils such as lemon, orange and grapefruit offer themselves as energy boosters.
We hope we were able to give you a few suggestions for natural energy boosters with these tips. Stay healthy and have a good start into the new year 2021.